About the product
Agarwood oil is obtained from Aquilaria and Gyrinops trees are mostly found in evergreen forests of Southeast Asia and India. This oil is produced when the wood of tree gets infected by a type of mould, prior to the infection the heartwood is relatively light and pale in color, however when the infection progresses the tree produces a dark color aromatic Resin in response to the attack and this Resin embedded is called as Agarwood Oil or Oudh Oil. As the wood is also known as Oud, Oodh or Agar.
This oil is costly because of depletion of this natural resource ,low plant yield and typical process of extraction.
The odour of agarwood is complex and pleasing, with few or no similar natural analogues. As a result, agarwood and its essential oil gained great cultural and religious significance in ancient civilizations around the world, being mentioned throughout one of the world's oldest written texts – the Sanskrit Vedas from India.
Advantages of this product
- The resin has a exclusive odor and is used extensively in fragrance industry in Gulf, Middle East and European countries.
- It has a cultural, emotional and spiritual connect in Gulf countries. It is essential product in festivals and ceremonies.
- In Malaysia, it is used as an ingredient to flavor curries and in Taiwan it is used in wines.
- It is widely used in various spiritual events and meditations in China.
- It is said to be very valuable oil which can be used in meditation, clearness as well as enlightenment.